4th Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival Call for Entries
Students, independent or amateur filmmakers and film collectives (also referred here as entrants) are encouraged to submit their works for selection and possible screening in the festival. Submission of entries is until June 30, 2012.
- Works from varying categories: documentary, narrative, experimental, animation, motion graphics, music video, PSA, and other forms of audio-visual new media.
- Works should be about the theme History and Social Change.
- Works produced from year 2007 onwards. Works already submitted to the film festival during previous years need not be submitted again.
- Works from Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao and Metro Manila.
- Special attention will be given to works on children’s situation and participatory video/media production.
- Works screened in other festivals or awarded prizes previously are accepted.
- Works submitted must be produced or directed by individual or groups of Filipino descent.
What to submit:
- DVD of the work. Video formats should be in AVI, MP4 or MOV. The DVD may also include the works’ trailer. There should be one DVD per work. A DVD copy of the work may also be included in the submission provided video formats stated earlier are also submitted. Works in other dialects (Waray, Bisaya, Hiligaynon, Ilokano, etc.) should have Tagalog and/or English subtitles.
- Separate CD/DVD for the soft copies of the following:
- Accomplished entry submission form (download here)
- 3 stills of the work
- 1 photo of the director/film collective’s logo
- Film poster
- Film synopsis (maximum of 75 words only)
- For electronic copies, upload film and other requirements to any online file sharing site and send the download link. Continue reading