The official selection of films for the 3rd Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival has been released. The festival, which is in its third year, is a cultural gathering that aims to inspire the creation and popularization of truthful, artistic and relevant audio-visual works to enlighten and cultivate critical consciousness of the mass audience. The festival’s theme for this year is nationalism or love for our country.
This year’s selection is a collection of documentary, animation, experimental and short films. The films were selected based on the entries’ quality and content in relation to the theme. The jury for the final film selection was composed of film critics and representatives from different sectors.
The following are the official list of films for the said festival:
- 43 | 14 minutes | Documentary | Southern Tagalog Exposure
- Aktibista | 20 minutes | Documentary | Karen Camille Gutierrez/St. Scholastica’s College
- Bajau sa Makabagong Panahon | 15 minutes | Documentary | University of Assumption-Pampanga
- Dugo ang Iniluluha ng mga Bulaklak | 5 minutes | Poetry in Motion | Rom Factolerin
- Halas | 7 minutes | Experimental Film | Rob Jara
- K-1 | 30 minutes | Short Film | Christopher Nazareno
- Ka Bel | 51 minutes | Documentary | Mayday Multimedia
- Lesson Plan | 15 minutes | Short Film | Gerry Jumawan
- Obra ng Lipunan | 7 minutes | Poetry in Motion | Hector Calma
- Panaw-Kalinaw | 15 minutes | Short Film | Arnel Mardoquio
- Salute | 5 minutes | Poetry in Motion | JL Burgos
- Sounds of a New Hope | 40 minutes | Documentary | Eric Tandoc
Festival dates are on August 10 to 11, 2011 at the UP Film Center, Cine Adarna in the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City.
A special screening of Lino Brocka’s film “Dung-aw” will also be held on August 10, 2011, 7pm at the Cine Adarna.
The 3rd Pandayang Lino Brocka Political Film and New Media Festival, organized by Tudla Productions in partnership with the U.P. Film Institute, is supported by the National Commission on Culture and the Arts (NCCA).